Call for Abstracts
Abstracts (one page) may be submitted for oral or poster presentation. Authors are limited to ONE request for oral presentation, unless they are an invited speaker. The abstract submission is managed by the USRA (LPI) Meeting Portal. If you have not yet accessed the Meeting Portal, you will be requested to create a personal profile before the abstract submission. ALL abstracts MUST be converted to PDF format before submission.
- TNOs and Centaurs
- Observations of latest comets and meteor showers
- NEO hazard and searches: Pan-STARRS and other new surveys
- Space-borne observations of small bodies: AKARI, Herschel, WISE, HST, etc.
- Lutetia by Rosseta
- 103P/Hartley 2 by EPOXI and other observations
- 9P/Tempel 1 by StardustNExT and other observations
- Hayabusa (Itokawa) and Stardust (Wild 2) sample return missions
- Other small body missions (Dawn, New Horizons, Hayabusa-2, planned missions etc)
- Meteors and dust
- Dynamics and interrelations
- Compositional studies from observations and laboratory experiments
- Internal structure of small bodies, including presence/formation of satellites
- Impact processes
- Surface processes and geology of small bodies
- Origin of the solar system and small bodies
- Water, organics, and astrobiology of small bodies
- Human exploration of NEO
- Abstract Deadline - Tuesday, 19 April, 2011, 17:00 U.S. Central Daylight Time (GMT -5)
- Late abstracts will not be accepted.
- Abstracts sent by e-mail will not be considered; all abstracts must be submitted using the electronic submission form.
- Abstracts are limited to one page.
- All abstracts must be submitted in PDF format.
- All abstracts must be submitted in U.S. letter size format (8.5" x 11"); A4 submissions will be rejected by the system.
- Abstract file sizes must be no larger than 1 MB; larger files will be automatically rejected by the system.
- Note: USRA/LPI has recently launched a new login system in our Meeting Portal. To participate in our meetings, create a personal profile. By logging in with your e-mail address, completing electronic forms such as indication of interest, abstract submission, or registration is quick and easy. The estimated time to complete the profile is four (4) minutes. You will have the opportunity to update your contact information at any time.
- Preparation and Submission of Abstracts
- Step 1:
- Download the appropriate template (Sorry, unavailable temporary now)
- Step 2:
- Write your abstract (no more than one page) using the format shown in the template
- Step 3:
- Create a PDF file (no larger than 1 MB)
- Step 4:
- Fill out the electronic abstract submission form and upload your abstract file.
Visit Electronic abstract submission site(temporary closed (2011-03-28)) (at LPI Website)
- Authors are encouraged to start the submission process early so our staff will have time to provide assistance in the event of technical problems. For technical assistance, contact Linda Tanner (+1-281-486-2142) or Renée Dotson (+1-281-486-2188), or send an e-mail message to
- Unable to Produce PDF Files?
- If you are unable to produce a PDF file, you may send your source file (must be in Word or PostScript format) to the LPI no later than 12 April, 2011. We will create the PDF file and send it back to you, but it will still be your responsibility to submit that PDF file by the time of the deadline. Source files should be sent to